Arthritis, in all its forms, causes pain and discomfort. The Relief Shop is dedicated to help those with arthritis and joint pain by carrying quality and reliable products that can make your life more comfortable.
Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis and occurs when the cartilage that covers the end of the joints wears away.
Symptoms of osteoarthritis (degenerative arthritis) -
- Your joints may feel tender, ache, burn and/or have sharp shooting pains in them. The pain may be constant or intermittent.
- You may have swelling in your joints. The cartilage of your joints acts as a cushion but as it wears away, tissues in the area become irritated causing pain and sometimes producing fluid that swells the joint.
- You may experience stiffness, especially in the morning or after sitting for a while.
- You may experience joint deformities from bone spurs. A bone spur on the end joint of the finger is called a Heberden’s node. A bone spur of the middle joint of the finger is called a Bouchard’s node. These nodes may not be painful but they can limit one’s range of motion.
- You may not be able to fully flex, bend or extend an arthritic joint.
- The muscles around an arthritic joint can get weak.
- You may feel and/or hear creaking and grating in the joint.
- It is not unusual for those with osteoarthritis to have years of pain-free intervals between symptoms.
- Stiffness usually improves with mild activity.
- The Relief Shop carries a whole section of products to help those with arthritis and joint pain.